5 Reasons to Consider Adult Braces
by Dr. Amer Hussain, on Jul 3, 2019 9:51:15 AM
Here are five common reasons why adults may consider getting braces or Invisalign. This may help you in making a decision whether or not to get braces.
If you have crooked teeth, you may have a tendency to be shy when you speak, you may cover your mouth or muffle your words, all these are sign of a lack of confidence in your smile. Braces and Invisalign straighten your teeth, leaving you with a smile you can be proud of! Having self-confidence is highly beneficial to one’s mental health. It also helps improve your relationship with yourself and others.
2. YOUR ORAL HEALTH
Crooked or crowded teeth negatively impact your dental hygiene and oral health. You might think that there are other ways to improve your oral health than by going through the long process of getting your teeth straightened, but the truth is that bad teeth are hard to clean and are usually prone to complications. Braces or Invisalign can be a game changer! How?
- Get a Healthier Mouth: Treating your problem through braces gives you a beautiful smile, but, more importantly, it allows for healthier teeth and gums, because your teeth are easier to clean and floss when they are straight. This reduces the risk of getting cavities, periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Function Better: Having straight teeth makes is easier to speak, eat and breathe, especially if you suffer from severe crowding or misalignment of the teeth and jaws.
3. FLEXIBLE TREATMENT OPTIONS
Most adults have rejected Orthodontic Treatment in the past because of one simple reason: they were worried about the cost of braces or Invisalign. However, nowadays, a good orthodontic clinic will offer 0% interest financing and extended payment plans to make it easier for anyone to be able to afford treatment.
4. TREATMENT ISN’T THAT LONG
Many people worry about the length of their treatment. 12-24 months for braces or Invisalign can seem overwhelming, but the truth is that it just flies by. In fact, most patients are surprised at how fast their treatment came to an end.
If staying in braces seems like a daunting task, there is always Invisalign, which may make the journey easier because they can occasionally be removed.
5. YOUR INSURANCE MAY ALSO COVER ORTHODONTIC COVERAGE
If you have dental insurance, you may be surprised to learn that your insurance plan may cover adult orthodontic treatment. Some people spend many years paying for their dental benefits and yet they haven’t taken full advantage of them!
- Find out what is included in your insurance: Contact your insurance company to determine what dental insurance is included in your coverage. Otherwise, you may have an orthodontic office contact your insurance company on your behalf.
- Ask about payment options: As mentioned earlier, most orthodontic practices also offer many flexible payment options for treatment. This includes extended payment options, financing, or no down payment. Just ask your orthodontist for flexible payment options to help you budget your money.
Many adults are choosing to get orthodontic braces or Invisalign, nowadays. In fact, approximately one third of all orthodontic patients are adults. Perhaps some of your co-workers, friends, or neighbours have recently undergone orthodontic treatment.
Most reasons why adults may choose to get orthodontic treatment includes self-confidence, and better oral health. Getting flexible treatment options, insurance coverage, and knowing that orthodontic treatment can’t take that long are all factors that promote adult orthodontic treatment.